Cleaning with disinfectant wipes
- If there’s a lot of grime or dirt on the surface you want to clean, scrape it away first.
- Break the seal on the packet and remove a single surface wipe.
- Then rub your wipe over the surface you want to clean. Repeat as necessary.
- The entire surface should become wet with the disinfectant liquid, and you should leave it to dry on its own while it kills off any germs.
- Remember to wash your hands after use.
Do antibacterial wipes kill viruses?
The short answer is no, not necessarily. Antibacterial wipes kill bacteria, not viruses, and are usually intended for cleaning your hands. Sanitizing wipes are also usually intended for hands rather than surfaces. Some wipes include a combination of factors so it’s always best to read the packaging to check.
Domestos disinfectant wipes kill 99.9% of all germs, including viruses, so they’re ideal for disinfecting hard surfaces in your home.
Using surface wipes on your toilet
Disinfectant wipes are ideal for ensuring that all of your toilet is clean and virtually germ-free – and give you even more ammunition to keep menacing nasties at bay.
- First, use Domestos thick bleach in the toilet bowl, taking care to squirt up under the rim.
- Your Domestos toilet wipes come into their own when you use them to wipe the toilet seat and lid.
- Remember to clean underneath as well as on top, and don’t forget the outside of the bowl and cistern.
- No need to need to wipe the surface dry afterwards – just leave it for a few seconds while the disinfectant solution does its germ-killing work, and it will dry on its own.
Looking after your disinfectant wipes
Always remember to seal your pack of Domestos wipes each time you take one out – this will prevent them drying out.
Get more product recommendations and hints & tips to tackle all your bathroom cleaning problems.
Domestos Partnership with UNICEF
Read about our mission to help 100 million people have access to clean and safe sanitation by 2030, and how you can support our partnership with UNICEF.
Always make sure that you use Domestos multi-surface cleaners according to the on-pack instructions.